top 10 des meilleurs sites de rencontre gratuits As well as the physical installation of a wind turbine, a lot of work also goes on behind the scenes weeks, if not months, before our install crew even set foot on site.
WindCare has a dedicated Installation Manager who works alongside the Project Manager both in the preparation as well as the on-site delivery of the installation. It is critical that everything has been planned, things turn up in the order (and time) required and we have the right resource on site throughout the job.
For a typical installation, the following must be completed well in advance of anything happening on site:
- Site drawings including GAs, cable routes, lay-down areas, off-loading plan, etc…
- Transport plan both with the turbine manufacturer and local authority (if requested)
- Single Line Diagrams and other electrical design drawings
- Calculating required cable specifications and other electrical component parts (such as DBs)
- Risk Assessments / Method Statements / Safe Working Procedures for all tasks
- Lifting plans/lifting drawings
- Ordering long-lead items such as GRPs, transformers, switchgear etc…
Once the groundworks have gone in, we normally have to wait 4 weeks for the concrete to hit full design strength before starting the mechanical installation.
Between the groundworks and installation of the turbine, we are often back on site laying cables, constructing the sub-station and making a start on the electrics in preparation for the turbine arriving.
WindCare then typically project manage the wind turbine installation from the moment the turbine arrives on site through to its successful commissioning in line with the manufacturers requirements with the following site works taking place:
- Escorting delivery wagons onto site
- Safe unloading of the turbine
- Assembly of the tower, nacelle and blades
- Mechanical installation using a suitable crane(s)
- Electrical installation, system testing and electrical sign-off
- Commissioning and fine tuning to ensure optimisation
- G59 witness test with DNO
- Handover of turbine to client
WindCare employs its own Appointed Person to oversee all lifting operations which enables us to do contract lifts in-house. In addition, a number of our installation crew also have their banksman/slingers tickets.
When looking for a company to install your wind turbine, you not only need to consider their previous track record and in-house expertise but also what protection they offer you in the unlikely event something doesn’t go to plan and your turbine is damaged during installation. WindCare holds significant Contractors All Risk Insurance as well as the more standard employee, public and product liability insurances to provide all our customers with adequate cover for all works carried out by us.
Details of our insurances are available on request.
Our electrical divisions is NICEIC accredited.